Thursday, April 22, 2010

it's a funny thing: late night hunger.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:20pm
“How weird,” I say, “it’s 11:40pm and I’m hungry.”
 [THIS beautiful thing, whole-grain slice of bread]
Anna’s writing down things to order from the Country Life co-op. She doesn’t pay any attention to my ramblings. She’s also tired, and waking up to walk tomorrow.
She just Mhmmm’s. In the you’re weird tone.
I search the fridge, then go back and sit down next to her.
After a minute I can’t handle it anymore.
“You know, if I don’t eat, I’m not going to be able to sleep.” I get up and get that bag of bread out of the fridge. “Have you ever had it like that?”
“Nope. You’re special.”
“Well then. It must be this high metabolism of mine . . .”
[And THIS wonderful thing, salted chunky peanut butter from our co-op...they were destined for each other. Perfection. :) Though this isn't the only pairing the peanut butter is good with...]
She uh-huh’s.
“What a torturous thing.” yeah that's me...
“Oh, I bet,” she replies, heavy on the sarcasm. “Oh, to have that trouble.”
[With honey on it:) Important for extra moisture and easier swallowing. harhar.]
The sad and bad thing is, today we ran out of honey. I scraped the bottom of the 5lb plastic jar . . . 
So, Dad's getting more soon. I'm excited. 
It's a bad thing to run out of honey.
Truly it is.

Ah. Today I read this: (before Caleb got too amusing and distracting at the same time)
I Have Overcome the World
 25"I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father."

29His disciples said, "Ah, now you are speaking plainly and not using figurative speech! 30Now we know that you know all things and do not need anyone to question you; this is why we believe that you came from God." 31Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe? 32Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
[John 16]

 P.S.--Another painted canvas coming up asap! I thought I'd space 'em out so it wouldn't be crafts two days in a row, then normal (nothing crafty)=boring. ;) Haha!

3 comments:

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Wow...
I'm SO craving peanutbutter now! Too bad I only have left over Easter candy:(

And don't ever worry about being too crafty boring! No such thing! I love staring at your artwork!

Abbie said...

Ha - I definitely ate a ham and roast beef sandwich - and chips - at 2:00 am a couple nights ago. It was a weekend, and I was watching a movie, and I suddenly realized I was STARVING. LOL.

*Lizzie* said...

Hey!
I like your blog Beka! If you don't know who I am I'm Lady Florimel's sister Elizabeth but I go by Lizzie on blogger :) I REALLY like your blog! It is really cool! You can check out my blog if you want here is the link http://thejourneyofthe-girlslife.blogspot.com/
or my other blog is http://myimaginaryhorse.blogspot.com/ you can go to either one, it doesn't matter which one :)

In Christ
Lizzie