Thursday, April 15, 2010

alive.

written: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:55pm
I . . . am very alive. And blessed. Just came home from a long walk with Anna. And a little boy (Jacob) just went home to Jesus tonight. 

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder at the mention of Your Name. Jesus, Your Name is power, breath, and living water. Such a marvelous mystery.
[Revelation Song; Kari Jobe]
Anna and I just got home from our night-time walk. 1 ½ times around our whole neighborhood street.
We were coming a couple houses away from ours, and Rachel came down the sidewalk towards us. “Jacob died.”
Anna: “Oh, my God. Oh my God. Oh, my God!”
I knew it.
I had a feeling, when we were singing with my acoustic guitar at the nursing home earlier. Revelation Song.
I had a feeling he was going to go soon. Very soon.
It was a quiet feeling. Not a prophetic or strong feeling, just a subtle one. 
It was a thought, that just emerged.
Why, I don’t know. But listening to Kari Jobe, and thinking a little about it . . . 
It makes me want to cry. 
I didn’t get too attached, I don’t think, but his mom was so sweet and Anna and I loved talking with her.
Hmm. Talk about melancholy.
We knew he was going soon. He's been battling cancer for a few years now, only 9 years old.
This is the little boy (son of a friend-of-a-friend of ours) that I was quiet and solemn about.
This is the little boy we visited and I had a changed perspective. Cherished life more.
These posts were written after I saw him.

1 comment:

Kel said...

So sad. So thankful and blessed to have my 2 kids here with me tonight. One waits for me in Heaven, but I am happy with my babies here with me.