Wednesday, January 27, 2010

oatmeal and thoughts of a cast list...and very good friends. :)

11:30am

Mmm, I love oatmeal. With a spoonful of turbinado sugar, and a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. That was breakfast, and randomly I've been thinking I need to post a "cast-list" of sorts... Just so ya'll know who's who when I relay funny stories and such.
So...sometime I have to get that up.

Thank God, stuffy noses are nearly all cleared out in our house, including mine. {And the left ear clogged/muffled all of yesterday was remedied by prayer and garlic potions downed. Haha.} Today, I'm doing a heck of a lot better. Wow. God is so good.

Last night Anna made cauliflower soup. It may sound a bit . . . interesting, but it was so good, once I got over the fear of my ear problem getting worse from the milk in the soup. :) Goodness, it was yummy. Basically, make a white/bechamel sauce, adding chicken broth to that so it's not straight-up-creamy-white-sauce. Steam the cauliflower like normal, but till it's very very mushy. Then you blend half of that with white sauce, and stir all the stuff together. That's the basics, sorry if it's not enough . . . oh, wait. Also, sautee sliced mushrooms, and add those to it, also. Goodness, our family loves mushrooms. :)

I'm very excited for this weekend.
Sisters Jen and PJ, friends of mine and Anna's, are coming in on the tram on Friday. They'll be staying until Tuesday, and we're going to be doing a lot of talking, laughing, taking pictures, drinking coffee, drinking tea, cooking in the kitchen, scrapbooking (no, not me), playing music (me and Jen on our acoustic guitars), going to the library, and lastly, because it'll be sort of the least of all the things we do, watching movies. Like Emma, like Bright Star...I can't remember the other ones we'll do.
The thing is, we haven't seen them since 2007. Wow. So, we have a lot of catching up to do, even though we obviously keep contact by phone and Facebook. Ah, I can't wait! Heck, I'm barely constraining myself from typing smiley-faces at every corner and turn and sentence.

Well, well, well. Laundry needs to be done, because my gosh has it gotten to mountainous heights again after 1 1/2 weeks since I myself have been down there with the sole intent and purpose of doing something about it . . . heh heh.

Last night I read more of Tea With Hezbollah, and yes, it's a very good book. It just took me pushing through the first 20 pages, and then I was hooked. Definitely read it. And have a good Wednesday, because I'm getting off here, going to make myself a nice big coffee mug of green tea and a drizzle of honey.

That, my friend, is one of the things I love. When I'm not in the mood for drinking coffee. :)
There! I posted a smiley-face! hahaha

No comments: