Sunday, January 24, 2010

sunday, emma, no coffee yet.

Good Sunday afternoon to you.

Gosh, I haven't seen it rain since . . . well, since before winter started. It's a strange thing.
Church was good today, though --after the service-- Dad took over the espresso machine in the cafe and I took care of the starter and finishing processes. Whip cream, caramel and chocolate drizzle. Yes, our church is one of those that has a cafe. Goodness, I like that espresso machine. :) Sometimes I'm stuck with steaming/frothing the milk, but I'm pretty decent at that. Just not my favorite job.

Anyways, like it matters if I didn't get to make espresso today--I don't have my smelling ability back yet, or the last 70% of my tastebuds. Grr. I wasn't able to taste the chicken noodle soup and Italian combo sandwich Friday night at Panera Bread. How sad is that? I didn't get coffee that night either because this darn cold that started on Monday has yet to be completely kicked.


You know what? When I'm getting over something --which is why I'm kicking this so hard (haha)-- I have no taste for coffee. Ironically, this time I can't even taste coffee even if I wanted to. Kinda sucks, especially if you know how much I like coffee.
Ah. Someday . . . :)


It's a good day, anyways.
I have to read more of that book Tea with Hezbollah, because Ben was asking after it. (Ha, as if he has time yet, but still...he could hock it.)
It's taking me a bit to get used to Ted Dekker's style of writing again, especially after reading 3 books in a row written by ladies, and chick-flicky books at that.

Wow, this new David Crowder Band album {church music} is pretty funky. Dancy. Interesting.

Well, one thing making this day pretty sweet is that . . . Emma, the newest version, is airing tonight on PBS. Yay! It's one of those things that our whole family -pretty much- cozies up in the living room for. Last week, the last of 3 weeks of The Return of Cranford aired, and we loved that, though it was a bit unexpectedly sad with deaths we weren't expecting. But then there was a bit of love and happiness. (As if those things all can't be intertwined, but hey...)
Yes. I predict that even the boys will stay in the room for this next family-watching-addiction. (Just kidding on the addiction part!)
But really, Romala Garai is an excellent Emma. :) I love her. Quite a bit more expressive of the full range of emotions than the old Emma.

Look up the song Shadows by the DCB. It's awesome.


The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too.
-St. Teresa of Avila

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

Mmm, that coffee sounded goood. And I loved Return to Cranford. And Emma, I can't wait for next week. Soon after you sent me the links to watch it online, dear Hubsy starting taking the laptop to work and I didn't get to finish it. It's the best version, I do believe! I particularly like the acting chemistry between Emma and Mr. Knightly in this one.