Tuesday, June 28, 2011

. . . and tattoos.

it all started with this post:
tattoo girls: posted by a cup of jo.

seriously, i can't help but stare at some of these.
the poem on the shoulder? especially. makes me want to paint a random form and cursive beauty like it.
sigh.
. . .
all of these i saw on this site: the tattoologist.
i love this.

and this one. gosh.
. . .
the world outline on her arm gets me.

a sculptor is a person who is interested in the shape of things, a poet in words, a musician by sounds.
[Henry Moore]

i'm off to finish chapter 7 in this bible study . . . and brewing coffee and making these scones because heath and maybe steph are coming over tonight. :)

p.s.
here's an interesting thought:
according to james 4 (verse 10, specifically)
i am prejudiced toward those i am pre-judging.
and who am i to judge?? we all stand before the judgment seat of God.
mhmmm.
tough nail to swallow.
when.....well, we could help build a nice house with those nails, aye??
a house of grace.

7 comments:

LeAnna said...

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I think the puzzle pieces are cute. :)

jessicajane said...

this post makes me want to run out and get a new tattoo.

Melissa said...

you have just added to my desire of getting another tattoo!

charla beth said...

gosh, i love ALL these. that world one, like you said, is pretty amazing. now i want a tattoo so BAD! are you considering getting one?

ohhh and i love that last line: "a house of grace." agh, so perfect.

Anglican Mama said...

Mmm, very true about our prejudice, nails and building houses of grace. I've been reading through Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper, and there's lots in there about extending grace and forgiveness. Nail soup, I tell you.

I heart the words and map tattoos. I've been tempted to get one, as has Craig. Ooooh, but we haven't braved that one yet, lol!

erika said...

Yes yes. I crave another tattoo!

Cassandra said...

I'm too flighty to get a tattoo. I change what I'm obsessed with so often. Blah. But I really like poem ones, or ones that are quotes. I feel like they could be timeless if you picked the right one.