Thursday, September 23, 2010

no, of course not; i'm not talking about food.

Well, there is this new recipe I wanted to talk about.
I helped Anna make it tonight.
Helped, as in diced the 3 onions set on the heat to carmelize.
Peeled and minced the 5 cloves of garlic while wishing for 2 huge elephant garlic cloves.
Minced a thumb-sized nob of ginger. Oh my. That doesn't sound right. :P But you know what I mean....
Took pictures of the different spices in a mound, waiting to be thrown into the carmelized onions.
How weird is it to love a picture of spices?
Come on.
[but dangit, it's blurry:P]
Red Lentil Curry
That is the recipe. So...click and copy the picture, if you want. If you're interested in an Indian-spice laden recipe. 'Tis good.

I decided that I need a good camera.
A nice one. One that'll last me a long time.
Since when did I decide this? Well, I just have.

Randomly: I was searching for J.R.R. Tolkien quotes, and ran across only one of his in quotegarden.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
[J.R.R. Tolkien]

And...I thought this one was amusing.

If there was no faith there would be no living in this world.  We couldn't even eat hash with safety.
[Josh Billings, His Complete Works, 1888]

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ooh that recipe looks good and authentic! The Indian husband would approve. :P We usually use "chana dal" as our lentils for making this kind of thing. I should try red sometime.

Natalie said...

Looks yummy!