Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ramblings and companionship...

I’ve found a lot of interesting things today.
Things to think on, ponder, pray about…
Let’s just say it nice and short: I’ve been reading various articles on homeschooling today.
But nevermind that.
Today I found this new blogger, Young Mom.
She writes it like it is, and I love that about her.
She’s not afraid.
Real and lovely.
Believing and raw.
Here’s just one of her posts that I really liked.
Last night, I sat in one of the chairs sitting on our front lawn.
I listened.
It was dark.
You could see the stars.
And then I heard talking.
The jingling of a pet’s collar.
Sure enough, I watched as two people came into view, walking a dog.
As they passed, talking quietly and laughing once in a while, I just watched them.
Because I’m one of those kind of not-creepy, so-not-nosy neighbors who doesn’t feel odd watching people walk by the road in front of the house I live in.
They were holding hands.
And I thought that was the sweetest thing.
Since I’ve only taken evening walks with my sister, Anna, and/or siblings, Dad, etc… Oh, and friends like Heather and Steph, Ray and Brookie……
Well, just the thought of taking evening walks with your husband just sounds (very simple but) pretty wonderful to me.
An awesome idea.
Time for slowing down.
Relaxing.
Slow -or power- walking.
Talking.
Silence.
Discussion.
Laughing.
Companionship….
It goes on.
The possibilities are cut short or endless, depending on how you look at it and who you are.
How much or little does it take to get me sappy?
Uh….not much, I guess. This is probably very good proof of that.
Hope you’re all having a lovely Saturday.

No comments: