Monday, March 22, 2010

friend making monday... :)

4:40pm
Well. It's Monday.
That's a heavy sentence in itself. 
:)
So I found Amber and Da Maniacs busy today on a nice little post . . . and yes, I really don't know what else on earth to post about. Oh well. :) Don't have much on the brain on Mondays; usually they're involving quite a bit of work. I made ratatouille pasta while Anna cleaned out the fridge. Literally, ya know, sorting through the food that got nudged to the back; taking the shelves and drawers out and scrubbing those down. Actually, Caleb took care of cleaning those things --he took them outside and used the power washer on them. Uh-huh. That's his favorite powertool, I'd say. ;)

1. Favorite things about Spring:
Hmmm. I love that first moment that the window is open or I've stepped outside because it's over 40 degrees . . . and I notice the birdies. The sweet voices prancing on the chilly air like ballerinas.

2. What I'm doing for Spring Break:
Nothing too special. Or crazy. ;) But I have to say I'm excited for April 16 --the Pillar concert! Two years ago we saw them, and it's about time they came around here again. :) Not to mention I know their music better than Sanctus Real's... that shows you what kind of music I'm more in to. Heh heh.
3. Favorite Spring flower:
Well. Let me off for a sec to go google that . . . I really like violets, but dandelions are the most popular when things actually start growing, and sorry, I don't know the name of the flowers that start opening up around Easter, by the side of our house . . . then there's the peonies that come alive around Mother's or Father's day. Can't get it straight. I'll take pictures when it's time, though.

4. Do you have a garden?
Not me, but yeah, our family has a garden, and I have quite a bit of say in a plot of ground . . . because I use fresh herbs in the bread I make in the summer, etc., etc... so I love my rosemary, oregano, and whatever we pick up as wee little plants or as seeds...
5. If so, what do you grow.
Tons of tomatoes, tons of basil, lots of herbs, sweet snap peas, beans, zucchini, . . . . you get the idea. :)
6. Do you do Spring cleaning?
Um. It's kinda random if it is. . . I can't really be an organized Force of any sort when it's not my house . . . haha!
7. What is your weather *really* like right now?
Right now? It's sunny . . . There's not many clouds at all . . . It's 50 outside. :) Can't complain. Friday night it started snowing, but thank goodness, by Sunday afternoon it was all gone. :) It's really quite pleasant outside. Looks like perfect walking conditions. Like last night, when we went for that after-dinner-in-the-dark walk, I was freezing for the first 3 blocks. Okay, 5. I was about to tell Anna we were turning around, going back home, but then the walking got to me, and I started getting warm. Well, decently alive. It was kinda cold. :}

8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!
Um. Not really. Not any brilliant ones like Alita at Da Maniacs had... :]

9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?
Hmmm. Clean off the main kitchen counter and then make coffee or tea and read. And/or go for a walk. --Oh! and take pictures.

10. Favorite TV show right now?
Don't really watch too much, I barely stay for a few minutes of Biggest Loser; my books are more interesting. :] But, I saw Jamie Oliver's show . . . a while ago . . . and I loved it. We don't have cable, so I don't get my dose of Jamie. (haha!!! come on, he's british. and he's so sweet. and charming. and NO, why on earth would i even think of having a slight crush on him?! no way! i just . . . love . . . his cooking. and his smile. and his voice... lucky wife, though.) But I do have a few of his cookbooks from friends. :)

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments: