Sunday, July 25, 2010

finished with "moon over tokyo."

I liked that book.

Not as much as Chateau of Echoes (ha, it didn't have half as much food/cooking stuff as CoE), . . . but it was good.
:)

And it's a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Ha, I'm your weather report today. It's much cooler than the past week and weekend was. Thank goodness.
In fact, I just stepped outside to take out a bag of tons of papers from this weekend. It was amazing. Shocking.
Weird.
Totally weird.
There was practically no humidity in the air.
Well, what I mean to say is, it's at normal levels today.
Which is always nice. And I'm sooo thankful for that.

Well, I'm getting off now....going to make myself some green tea or something. Anna is watching Spooks on YouTube...it's the newest season, not going to be released in the U.S. for quite a while. She loves it. I really like it. When I'm not reading an interesting book. I mean, hey. I can watch stuff later, yes? Books, from the library (at the moment) cannot wait. Especially if I'm hooked. :)
Today was interesting.
I woke up. And took killers. After a good bowl of fresh, hot oatmeal doused in milk and Sugar In The Raw. (killers: a.k.a., my nickname for painkillers.) What a wonderful day to be a woman. I envied all the older women, little girls, and moms who are currently constantly nursing or currently pregnant. What the heck. Oh, to go without it for longer than a month......
Today I sang solo at church for a special music. The Valley Song, by Jars of Clay.
It went well....I just kept asking Him to help me sing it for Him, not for anything or anyone else....it can be a bit nerve-wracking, once in a while, because heck, it's been a full year since the last time I did a solo.
I love that song, though.
So....I'll save you the trouble of finding the lyrics so ya know what it says.

You have led me to the sadness
i have carried this pain
on a back bruised, nearly broken
i'm crying out to You

i will sing of Your mercy
that leads me through valleys of sorrow
to rivers of joy

when death, like a gypsy
comes to steal what i love
i will still look to the heavens
i will still seek your face
but i fear You aren't listening
because there are no words
just the stillness
and the hunger
for a faith that assures

i will sing of Your mercy
that leads me through valleys of sorrow
to rivers of joy

alleluia, alleluia
alleluia, alleluia

while we wait for rescue
with our eyes tightly shut
face to the ground using our hands
to cover the fatal cut
though the pain is an ocean
tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
higher mountains have come down

i will sing of Your mercy
that leads me through valleys of sorrow
to rivers of joy
i will sing of Your mercy
that leads me through valleys of sorrow
to rivers of joy

[The Valley Song; Jars of Clay]
p.s.:
6:45pm
I think I may have fallen in love with a mango.
It's gone. I completely finished it off. And I mean completely.
p.p.s.: Can't believe it's only 3 more posts, then the giveaway!! Wow. :)

2 comments:

Yellow House said...

I can't wait for your big 200 post day! So glad you are humidity-free for now... my dad (in Philadelphia) said it was 100 + humidity today. I can't even imagine what that feels like!

Lewis said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog...even when it makes me hungry;) A very happy little corner of cyberspace.

Be blessed.