Sunday, July 11, 2010

i miss coffee. :)

Green tea all day yesterday. It helped with the sore throat. While Gram napped and I read all sorts of things; statuses, blogs, and the book I'm reading right now called The Mailbox. 
Looks like a good idea, but I just had this picture of an egg....starting at the highest section of the island, rolling....rolling....disaster. :)
This made me want to get up, run to Jackson Do it Best, and do something...but then I remembered it's not my house.
Yeah, Brownberry Healthy Nut bread drizzled with honey....hot green or echinacea tea with a drizzle of honey...the book, I had to get used to Marybeth Whalen's writing style. It is an adjustment to be sure. A bit plain in the writing, the description, and even though it's a slower-paced book and it's pretty easy reading, it doesn't have that spark that makes you want to read just one more chapter before sleeping. 
Sigh.
I guess I was spoiled with the two books I've read so far by Siri Mitchell. 
That lady is truly one of my absolute favorites now.
Monday, while catching up on the David Bible study....with coffee and a pasta dish Lyd and a few others whipped up. Oh heck, here's a picture.
I miss coffee. Haven't drank any since Thursday, when I woke up with the beginnings of a sore throat. Which, praise God, I'm almost over...
I absolutely love animal crackers.
Namely, the organic/vegan ones that Sarah and Justin picked up for us while they were at Trader Joe's yesterday. :) Mmmmm......thank you, Sarah. :) 

8 comments:

heather said...

Awww, poor you. Hope coffee is in your future soon.(as I sip my iced coffee;)Glad your on the mend though. :)

Christina said...

Get all the way well soon! I had run out of coffee grounds and was left with tea or instant coffee(don't ask!). After two days I felt like I hadn't had my morning cup of coffee in forever. Today I had it again(got groceries yesterday!), and it was wonderful. :)

Yellow House said...

Feel better soon! Everyone says tea is the perfect remedy!

Kel said...

I hope you are feeling better. Luckily, I love green tea, so when I'm sick I don't have to force it down. Hope you get your coffee soon!
Have great week!

Kel
www.betweenthelines-

Tia Colleen said...

I am absolutely starving for pasta now.

I hope your throat is feeling a bit better, and you can get back to your glorious coffee shortly, haha.

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Oh my goodness! Are you DYING from no coffee? No headaches or sickness?! Poor girl! This blog just doesn't seem the same without your coffee love! Haha!

Anonymous said...

You take the same kind of pictures I do. Haha.

Anglican Mama said...

Ooo, that design suggestion makes me want to get busy on our rather-boring living room decor! :)
I hope you and coffee get to be reunited soon...absense makes the heart grow fonder, yes?