Tuesday, July 20, 2010

talents, reading, and coffee crises.

'Tis a speechless day. 
Didn't wake up at a remarkable time. 
Haven't done anything remarkable, except for much less computer time. 
Oh, and wearing this racer-back dress to feel cooler. 
Making coffee with some of the last of almost-forgotten reserves. Yikes. That needs to be remedied. Finally doing the David study today. 
And make the beginnings of Dad's favorite broccoli salad thing-- broccoli, run through the dang food processor on the grate blade; Marzetti's slaw sauce, minced crispy bacon, and sunflower seeds. 

Hmm. I'm on my third cup of my last reserves--Caribou coffee blend. Gosh. We ran out of the normal dark roast we get at our co-op for a nice price. How did we get that way?!?!?!
Well. That's me, staying up late reading, needing that coffee in the morning so I can stay awake.
:)
As it dripped, hot and dark, filling the kitchen with the lovely aroma, I put my hand on my heart for dramatics, mostly
"I feel a calm come over me when I watch it brew."
Anna laughed. "You're weird."
See those hooks? That's what I was talking about in the beginning of this post. It's so darn handy to have so many.
They go on forever.
I love it.
The cup was burning hot from the fresh coffee, so my thumb could barely touch it.
But I took the picture anyways.
Don't look at me like that.
This is my stack of books lately.
Anna just read The Heart Mender book I won in that blog giveaway by Abbie. Oh my word, go check out her new little blog! She hasn't posted since the first one, but really, it has a ton of promise. :) And it does have a cute name, doesn't it? heh heh.
So I'm reading Chateau of Echoes. It's really really good, and since the author, Siri, is a military wife and has obviously traveled a lot, all the interesting details are just that: interesting and real.
You can see I'm enjoying it very much. And have plans to buy all her books over the course of....well....the future. ;)

I've done 2 days of the David study so far today.
Just lovely.

I loved this part of inbetween narrative in the study...

God does not play favorites. 
Anyone who cries out to Him, He answers.
Anyone who surrenders to His call, He uses.
1 Samuel chapters 21-23

To be honest, I stared at the huge stack of mostly primed canvases earlier and felt quite...nothing. Maybe that oil painting shop ruined me for a while.
Feeling quite untalented when I'm not at all practiced in creating Italianate land-and-city-scapes. But oh well, ya know? Not everyone is meant to paint like Picasso or . . . whoever all those canvases were by. Everyone's got their own...thing....don't they? Their own little talents.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! You definitely need to remedy that low coffee situation, dear. Oh, and I'm just about to start, "Chateau of Echoes". Looks really promising. :)

LeAnna said...

Out of all of this, I loved the last paragraph best. Because that's how I often feel. I get into this all-fire fury to create and sew, photograph and make and so on and then I see a "professional" rendition of whatever and my creativity sinks into a bottomless pit. But then I remember WHY I do whatever it is I do, and I do it for fun. We all have our own... thing, yes, I concur. Loud applause, friend, loud applause! Don't quit, what you do is special and unique and that in itself is worth a thousand million zillion Italian 'scapes. In my humblest of opinionests. ;)

Christina said...

I hope you have restocked your coffee by now!!
This morning I felt so relieved to smell my coffee brewing. I woke up with a little headache and felt tired, so it felt extra needed!
Nice stack of books. I haven't read much in awhile. :(

Amy @ Lucky Number 13 said...

beka-can i just say that you are adorable...so pretty! and i'm jealous of those eyebrows...kinda weird? well, mine are no good, toolight and too thin... so i am! : D