Monday, July 19, 2010

my brother is gourmet.

Not really, but you get what I mean when he arranged this on that just for the heck of it one day.

Right now, at 11:22pm on Sunday July 18, he just finished cleaning the kitchen...well, 80% of it, and he's telling me how his kitchen looks better than mine does at night, etcetera, etcetera....oh brothers. Oh, and he screwed more little cup hooks into the bottom of the cupboard, so praise be, we have more room for cups! Yes! I had just been pondering our conundrum of full cupboard shelves...  :D 


I write like
Margaret Atwood
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


Interesting. I've never read any of her stuff, but I gave the analyzer my latest Note on fb...

And right now, today, at 12:20pm, I'm glad I wrote this post last night while I had the bit of inspiration.....

Today, so far. ^^
Now I'm off to catch up like a beast on the David study.....with quite a bit of coffee by my side. I made French toast for everyone, and Danny's been a polite little boy using his vocabulary nicely. 
Note: Berres Brothers CinnaNut coffee really is lovely. But I'm so happy to go back to normal dark roast.....
It was Saturday, June 19, and I was mending this beauty I got at Francesca's Collections. Because it was already on the clearance rack, and it had a few rips in the top part of the black elastic band, I asked the really sweet lady how far she could take it down for me...
So she did. See my huge smile? I was so happy. And I was drinking a . . . a cappuccino with a shot of English Toffee, if I remember correctly. A dress, a cup of java? Come on. :) Oh yeah, and shopping with your sister.
How good is that?!
It's good. :)
Okay, back to tha brotha.
Sorry. Blurry picture and bad light. Mushrooms, onion, garlic, sauteing in butter getting ready for a white sauce. Pasta cooking.
Let me tell you.
He makes a great bechamel. White sauce, that is.
The above? That's a non-glamour shot. Heh heh. Mmm, he put cheese in! So good!
Mhmmm, that's what I'm talkin' about.
He arranged that.
And I am so bragging.
Yum. What an up-close. As I ran outside with the plate, he followed me, reminding me that he gets the credit when I blog it. haha!!!
Beautiful day to have some good old fashioned homemade mac-n-cheese all gourmet-looking.
Those are Mom's favorite pretty plates.
We have normal plates we use everyday, but she found several of these on sale....and she's a lover of the more brown-gold themes, so . . . :)
That was my bowl. I love the blue.
Oh, and I guess that day I also did this.......?
Yep. Bread and filled focaccia bread. For the trip.
So . . . just lovely.
Ah, I love this. And you know what's pathetic? One of my first thoughts was... wow, that would be a great bridesmaid dress. And it's only, what? $34? Heck yeah. I mean, if you're going with the classy little black theme....
Which I would or wouldn't do.
I'm not saying. Because marriage and all that is so not on the horizon as I (or anyone else around here) sees it, and . . . .that's just . . . . that. So whatever.
Life is good, and I'm learning lessons all over the bloomin' place.

Either we are adrift in chaos or we are individuals, created, loved, upheld and placed purposefully, exactly where we are. Can you believe that? Can you trust God for that?
[Elisabeth Elliot]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo hoooo for writing like Margaret Atwood! :D

Also, YUM that dinner looks fantastic!

Unknown said...

yea for brothers whipping up amazing looking pasta. A great skill to cultivate, I think. :)

James said...

ben did a good job It looks so good

Yellow House said...

I am loving the pasta on the driveway... oh yes, and the black dress!