Monday, January 3, 2011

part 2: more wordlessness.....

and some shots of most of my gifts from Christmastime.....
today, monday, i've been in a slightly zoom-in sort of mood.
a picture justin (jen and phelisha's brother) drew in pencil and gave me. :)
books i have to put on the shelf....
awesome coffee lip balm lyd gave me for Christmas! ;)
yes, it's pretty wonderful. what a sweetie she was to think of me. it's so obvious, some of the ways to my heart. ;) coffee-food-coffee-art-coffee.....  
yes. funky socks. lyd gave these ones to me. :)
indeed, it's true: i was given 3 aprons on Christmas day. the blue-and-white striped one reminds me of the one she [kate; aka catherine zeta jones] wears in no reservations.... in the beginning, when her sister calls in the car on her way there.....
i got the honor of doing some henna artwork on jen the night before the wedding--friday night. new years eve. we lounged around, drank tea, watched my big fat greek wedding, ate chips and dip.....
my random place. i hang inspirational stuff here, all sorts of things....
red raspberry jam i got for Christmas from Grandma T....
earrings....from Christmas: the green ones....
those super-cute and quirky black ones.....  and yes, i hang my earrings on a willow tree angel! i'm weird. :)
a shirt i bought for $13 from vanity while pj (phelisha) and me shopped in a town an hour from their house. fun stuff. :)
yeppers. it's got lace in the back... :)
special!! i wore it to the rehearsal, but had my black-and-pink polka-dotted hoodie over it the whole time since it's January and it's cold out and.....i wasn't brave enough to take my sweater off. ;)
canvases waiting to be hung. or sold.
here's a random one that mom took in the stairwell of the hall before the bridal party started out for the ceremony. :) ah! weddings are kinda wonderful. though it was really sad and totally had me and the rest of the single girls (cousins of jen and pj) breaking down at our table when we saw jen hugging her siblings one by one goodbye. ah!! super sad. but so lovely to see them happily married:) ♥

this is jen's grandma, on her mom's side. grandma eva. she was awesome. :) every morning, i'd come down awake, showered, and ready for breakfast of some sort, she'd greet you with a hug and a cheery, slightly southern "good morning, sunshine!"
sweetest thing ever. :)
see what i mean by great memories?? she said i'm officially her adopted grand-daughter, when we were hugging g'bye. :)

gosh, i feel very bleh today. just catching up on reading, lazing around, brewing coffee, reminiscing, .......and this day held nearly nothing for any of us. which is okay. :) tomorrow will be plenty of normal things going on. 

well, the lovely tia has started up a photography blog! it's quite amazing, and methinks you should go check it out. goodnight:)

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ahhh, I would have totally bawled if I saw Jen hugging her siblings goodbye. OMG. Slay me.

Justin's drawing is cool! I like it!

jessicajane said...

i love little old ladies like that, they make you feel so warm and welcome!

Bethany Bassett said...

Mmm, aprons + chapstick + earrings. What more could a girl want? Oh wait, I wouldn't mind that shirt -- it's gorgeous! :)