Wednesday, July 13, 2011

rambles on a wednesday night.

so . . . i'm thinking tea.
and f-word discussions like this: my life as a white-washed feminist, by elizabeth esther.
well, duh she doesn't say the actual four-letter-f-word you first thought of. it's the . . . you know. the other one. the one in the title. i probably shouldn't talk about the fact that i know people who would shake their head with wide eyes at me for reading and posting a link like that.

other things i'm learning, observing, thinking, etcetera:
fundy rules like this.
i shall not elaborate beyond the fact that this is true, some people live like that, and we all need to be careful and give everyone grace. it's stupid to think you're right about everything, okay?
okay.
[see luke 6:27-38, a fascinating and pretty wowza passage of scripture.]

basic macaron recipe.
i need to make these. i pulled out the kitchen-aid mum and dad got for their wedding or something equally ancient ;) the other day, for the first or third time in my life. i never use it because i never whip egg whites.
so . . . i'm thinking i'll start a business centered around egg white usage, because that was seriously fun. stuff.
hahaha. you'd all make it for the opening of the shop, right??


her.meneutics: [the christianity today blog for women] the lost girls of china and india.

and this song: where you go i go. 
together.

and this:
33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. 
You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, 
'Where I am going you cannot come.' 
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another:
just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, 
if you have love for one another.
[John 13:33-35]

and love146. 
they've all been on my heart, these last few things. today. hopefully embedding themselves, too. i never want to forget that there are people out there who do not even have friends, who do not even have a choice. who do not, at this moment, have any hope. whatsoever. only pain and utterly wrong things make up their world. there are those who don't know the truth of how precious they are. there are those locked in prisons of all sorts, clueless and helpless as to whether there is truth, grace, mercy, and love somewhere in the world.

[see Romans 13:8-10]

it makes all the above bleach out to perspective. at least for me. i would hope the same would happen in some way for others. how important are all your rules when there are those with no clue as to the goodness and love there is??

Love is my religion - I could die for it.
[John Keats]

No comments: