Wednesday, April 21, 2010

artistic endeavors: rachel's canvas...

This all started yesterday.
A wonderful day.
Beautiful day.
Here's a quote I wrote on my dresser that I have yet to right the wrong for:
Yeah, the permanent marker is starting to wear off.
Of course, it all (the painting) started with a chocolate...
No, I'm kidding. But I was eating a few, like this:
Anyhow.
I love paint. 
(In fact, this was my fb status earlier: painting away....did one yesterday, and finishing up an aqua-purple-black one for Rachel....her belated bday present....:) coffee, paint, music playing on my laptop, what more could I ask for?)
Yes. I brewed coffee first. Altura, all-organic, whole bean, dark roast. There's the details, folks. I knew you wanted to know. :P
A blank canvas, a mug full of coffee, brushes, and a library book...how lovely.
Here's the colors of the background that Rachel picked out:
Ah.... :)
That's the background, finished...a nice aqua blended with a bit of white for a lighter tint in the center...darker around the edges.
There's the inspiration/prototype. And yes, my canvas is sitting on top of library books. I didn't change that, because heck, I can easily scrape the paint off the plastic cover with my nail...mastermind that our table is already paint-marred a little and could stand being wrecked by my stuff, too... :)
Alright. Break time.
Then, Lyd and I took a nice walk to the library and coffee shop.
I can't resist violets. I hope you can't tell...
Here's us outside the library. That hat is Rachel's. She would want me to give the credit...
Yep. There were a ton of books/magazines there . . . they may or may not have been all mine. We got a good workout that day.
And yes, the coffee shop happens to have loverly scones. Like this blueberry one:
Alright. I love the whipped cream on coffee drinks...and other things. We don't have it in the house though, which is probably a very good thing. :) We got an iced mocha with a shot of cinnamon flavor. It was surprisingly good, but most of the time I avoid iced drinks like the plague because I don't like how the ice takes up so much room, and it's left at the end.
Now, back to painting . . . today I finished Rachel's canvas.
It was beautiful outside. Again:) Rachel just had to take a picture of me painting...
There's the finished product. 
:)
I took this picture outside because I love natural light . . . :)
Now off to Kohl's, then church I go...
Have a lovely evening!

13 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

(about to put your new blog button up on my blog)

Lovely painting!! Where did you end up hanging it??

And that scone is killing me. I WISH I could go somewhere and get something that yummy looking.

Tia Colleen said...

(uh oh!! I was unable to get your smaller blog button to work! Looks like the code is missing the url to the image?)

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Um..I'm so loving this post!
You are SO talented girl!!
How the heck did you paint the words so perfectly? Was it the worlds smallest paint brush?!
Amazing!

Kade said...

woah...

Kade said...

goodness gracious...

howd you do that one?

make me one, will ya?

beka said...

We'll seeeeeeee. :)

Shannan Martin said...

I know a fellow "random lover" when I see one! ;) Life is random - there's just no use trying to fight it!

Thanks for the sweet comment earlier today. Pleased to meetcha!

J.J. said...

That canvas is gorgeous! The day you had sounds lovely! I can almost smell the coffee and library books!

Abbie said...

That is so beautiful! You make me wish I was into painting. (Read: CAPABLE of painting!)

Okay, you live within walking distance of a library and coffee shop!? I need to come stay with you. Fact.

Sounds like you had a lovely day! (Also, Kohls? LOVE!)

beka said...

Thank you all:) I'm sad today because we're out of canvases! *sigh* We're getting some asap... :)

Sharon said...

Fabulous painting!

Rachel said...

Wonderful painting ! You have a God given talent .. use it ! ..:0

heather said...

yeah wish I was capable of painting too. I want a coffee one!!! ;)