Friday, April 2, 2010

rain notions.

Looks like rain.
And that’s not all I popped on here to say, in the middle of a somewhat not-post-inspiring day. ;)
Oh, yeah.
This is the monster of a cup that I drank coffee with today.
It’s Dad’s. He got it for Christmas.
And it’s around as big as my hand…depending on how you look at it.
Now, for those of you who know me, you know my hands are big. They’re smaller, feminine versions of Daddy’s.
The shape of the nails, including.
So anyways, it's a great coffee mug. :)

Today has been one of those days . . . beautiful, (cooler than yesterday’s 80ish degrees, praise God) and in the early afternoon it got really breezy; hence the clouds that have moved in and the not-too-dark threat of rain.
It’s not a threat, really.
But we’re going out tonight for fish for a late celebration of Anna’s birthday. (I was counting on Panera Bread being her choice, but since that’s 5-1- minutes away and Dad wants to go local, this fish place is 5…darn, I was looking forward to some good PB coffee. :)
And if it starts raining, well…what will I do? get up in the middle of dinner and run outside to witness the first raindrops of this spring’s first rainfall?
This is the view out my window. :)
Simply romantic notions, I tell you.
Er, rain notions.
So . . . I best get ready. It definitely looks like it’s going to rain.

Christ says, ‘Give me All. I don’t want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want you
I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. 
No half-measures are any good. I don’t want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down . . . 
Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked—the whole outfit. 
I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours.’
[C.S. Lewis]

1 comment:

heather said...

I love the rain...nothing quite like a spring shower. :) Awww...sorry no paneras for you dear. We will have to go sometime because they do have amazing coffee. The hazelnut being my favorite. ;)