Sunday, May 1, 2011

elenowen. interiors. baby shower. spring!

oh my.
i think i've found the next best thing to the civil wars.
yes.
can you believe it??
me neither.

and i stumbled upon them while creeping jessica's fb likes. heheheh.
elenowen.
here's their musiccityunsigned site.
their myspace
here's the list of their interests in their fb page: playing honest music, drinking coffee, and connecting with YOU. 
come. on.
does that not make you like them even more, after listening to their music?
it did me.
:)
not to mention they have some cute pictures in their fb profile of americanos and pretty sunsets.
heck yeah.
my favorite so far is the one that greeted me when i first pressed play.
the storm.
shocker of shockers, this morning i ended up deleting several (okay, 30ish) pictures off my already-full sd card. tomorrow i plan on coercing the van to wallyworld so i can pick a new one up for the 6 hours of driving, and the week ahead.
 Photobucket

so i took some pictures at the baby shower we had for sarah and justin's new little one due at the end of june.
i tell ya, it's baby season!
random fact: a few weeks ago, i went through my dashboard and counted every pregnant blogger. out of the 100 or so blogs i follow, there were 8 or 9. dude, that' around 10%. that's a lot. that's more than one or two. hah.
yesterday i had a frog in my throat, yes? well, i didn't sing at church today (on the stage) instead i stood in the same row as the rest of my dear family and croaked about 1 sentence per song. my voice was still that bad this morning at 10. but it was a good time, not being up in front of people and all. relaxing.
now, though, is another story. i've had probably 5 cups of green tea today, at church and home... and my voice --the talking one;)-- is getting much better. hardly any crackle/smoker quality to it.
my second thought while inspecting this photo was: i can imagine spiders and insects such as that hiding and making homes behind that bed backdrop.
i love the shelves and all the light in this one. :)

ahhh! i'm excited.
just remembered that america's next great restaurant is on tonight. and...do you see that tree, above? yes, indeed, there are buds! it's blooming!
i don't think i'll ever fall out of love with trader joe's mango-apricot greek yogurt.
ever. ever. ever.
quirk  (kwûrk)
n.
1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
3. A sudden sharp turn or twist.
4. An equivocation; a quibble.
5. Architecture A lengthwise groove on a molding between the convex upper part and the soffit.

p.s. happy may day!

6 comments:

charla beth said...

you are so lovely. something about this post just made me take a deep breath and savor the moment. i love how you notice and appreciate the smallest of things.

hope you start feeling better soon!

charla beth said...

p.s. just pulled up elenowen...

UH-mazing.

erika said...

I am laughing at that spider remark! :)

Natalie said...

I'll definitely look up elenowen here in just a sec! Love watching America's Next Great Restaurant! My sister and I are addicted to that show =)

Amy Nielson said...

cute post! i love your taste in decor!

Liv Szari said...

Elenowen!!! GAH! Saw them on The Voice and was so stoked! I love them! =) You have fabulous taste in music girl!