Monday, December 13, 2010

today, friends, and ....coconut lentil curry:)

Monday, December 13. I can't believe it. 2 weeks into the last month of 2010! Freaky.
Quite a productive day.....cleaned, organized, helped Anna made this coconut lentil curry. We had it last week, exactly. Remember me talking about it? ;)
So.....I swear there was cauliflower in last week's edition.
It can be quite a flexible curry.
Mmmmushrooms. :) I love Mom's Canon.

The recipe, folks. Click to see it full size, maybe feel free to print it out. Hah. And have fun deciphering Anna's penmanship. ;)
Onion, garlic, ...carrots to be peeled.
Chop, chop, chop. You don't want too-big pieces of carrots in this stuff.
The larger half you want to cut in quarters and then slice.
A couple large onions. Diced.  
Good-quality Office-Max pen ink on my hands:) It's what you do when you're pondering a question in the Bible study. Heh.
Slice one way, turn, slice the other way. That's how I do it anyways. :)
Mmmm. I have a thing for color.
Beautiful, really cold today, and pretty snow. And believe me, if I could send you some, I would.
Tonight, Heather came over with Ryan and Michaela (two of her siblings)... Steph was working, so she couldn't come, and we missed her. I told her I'd try to subdue the fun and save it for Sunday, when we hopefully get together for a mini-Christmas party of our own. :) I brewed coffee, then we headed over to Gram's quiet house to discuss the John Bible study for a while.... then we came home and had dinner, the curry. Then...brownies. (total yum) Then...The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Yes, once again:) Anna, Heather and I ran to Caribou Coffee after we dropped Dad, Rach, Michaela, and Lyd off at the theatre and bought our tickets.
Ah, what a wonderful film. Heather was lucky enough to sit next to me in the theatre, with Anna on her other side, so during the creepy sea monster part I gripped her hand. Yeah, I'm that much of a baby. Oh well. That thing was freaky, though I have to say it's more gross than scary the second time around. I mean, you know what's coming next but it still gives you a shiver.
We got home around 9:40pm, and I was super hungry so I can't promise I didn't have 3 brownies....... ;)
All in all, a wonderful night.
It's like...freezing outside. No joke. Not even warm enough to snow. It's 0-freakin'-degrees outside!!!
Friday, Rach and I re-dyed my hair. Not the dark-chestnut-brown I usually do. Light chestnut this time. And, at the end of the month, I'm going for a bit reddish-brown tint. :) what can i say?? i like change i can control and enjoy once in a while.
This is what it looks like when it's done simmering/boiling.
Of course, there are lentils in this recipe.
Getting to dusk. The sky isn't as blue as the picture above. sigh
A few of Anna's Christmas presents. Don't worry. It's no secret. They're sitting on my dresser, fresh from Amazon.
Caleb was washing dishes. Heh. He looks sooo happy.
I read this book. A Beautiful Fall, by Chris Coppernoll. He's Christa Parrish's husband, and since I love her writing, and thought I'd check out his few books.

I'm nearly done with this one. They're not too huge, these books, and that's why I've read them both in the past 2-3 days. Heh.
I'm really liking this one. His writing really matured and changed for the better. Much better dialogue. First-person writing. The wonderful difference in his writing between this and the one above is amazing. I don't think I've ever noticed such a change in an author's 2nd and 3rd books. I'm just really glad it improved:) Heh.
Well. I'm listening to this song by Kristene Mueller, then hopping in bed to read for a bit.
G'night:) Or...morning, whenever you read this.

3 comments:

Random Musings said...

That looks so yummy!! and you can keep your snow : )

Bethany Bassett said...

That does look yummy! I'm always looking for delicious, cheap vegetarian recipes, and that looks like a winner. On another note, I love to change up my hair too. We don't have the budget for hair dye right now, but in college... I wrote about it for posterity here. :)

ladaisi said...

YUMMY! Your photographs make me hungry.

Yesterday I learned how to make dumplings and I didn't even think to take photographs for my blog!

I have a fetish for dying my hair too. Something about needing a change. . . and it's the cheapest and fastest way for me to achieve this. ;)

- Lauren

PS What is the piano song in the background? It is lovely.

Ladaisi Blog